Friday, June 11, 2010

Sunny side up.. deux

There is one thing about positives, it makes sense, only with the negatives around. It might be like salt in food. You can find everything sweet without it, but the taste is just, not that good. So, here we are looking at the brighter side of things. It was summer when I reached the US and I never felt like it until I made it to College station. Before going to Aggieland, I visited a beautiful place called Charlotte,NC. It was like a rustic movie setting and my stay there was quite pleasant. I was yet to discover the delights of living on my own. By living on my own , I thought of having a household to run, according to my taste and me being in control of my own life. I did not know, it would involve doing everything on my own, which kind of does not appeal so much to my lazy self.

I get to College Station with my cousin happily and am excited to start a new life. Finally the moment has arrived to find a house(I like to call it MY KINGDOM). But let's say finding a piece of land is easy in Texas, but finding one with a building is tough.(when you reach 2 weeks after everyone that's the case) After cruising along for hours, a noble soul finally subleased the apartment. I finally understand the meaning of the phrase "Hindi chini bhai bhai".

Case 4: I get to the orientation ceremony with hopes of finding new friends and a diverse class.
Yeah, apart from many Mumbai people, I see people from Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, and every Indian city possible, and some from China. Diversity indeed!!
Positive: I met two of my very amazing friends here. I am grateful for that day.

Case 5: The scorching sun wreaked havoc in my life. Apart from dehydration, it also gifted me, blisters in my feet. The sun made hay, while I melted.
Positive: The sales of soda, lemonade and sunscreen went up in College Station.

Case 6: The semester begins and I get absorbed into courses and try to find a campus job. I think Lady Luck stopped even looking at me. Day after day I looked for a job and read various ways to tell a person, " You Suck!". After a million email rejects and a mailed letter rejecting me, I stopped applying.
Positive: I got to enjoy the semester. Only my dad's bank balance had a different tale to tell.

to be continued...


2 comments:

  1. I guess,we are discussing about the Positives of your life.So "The sales of soda, lemonade and sunscreen went up in College Station."What positive did it bring?

    Bachhi CAN WRITE!!!!Anyways good article!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is obvious Mel that I did not see any positive in the situation except that at least someone else benefited while,I suffered!!

    ReplyDelete